51. In The Pines – 20 June: A Dutch cartoonist adapts five murder ballads – some of which have been covered by modern masters like Nick Cave, Steve Earle, and Gillian Welch – into ruthless graphic narratives. A collection of murder ballads – some of which have been covered by modern masters like Nick Cave, Steve Earle, and Gillian Welch – that have been adapted into ruthless graphic narratives. Pre-order now on Amazon.
52. The Life and Times of Martha Washington in the Twenty-first Century – 20 June: Just in time for 4 July comes a new hardcover printing of Frank Miller and Dave Gibbons’ masterpiece. The story begins in the squalid corridors of a maximum-security housing project, where a young girl will rise from the war-torn streets of Chicago to battle injustice in a world insane with corruption. Her fight will take her far, from the frontlines of the second American Civil War, to the cold, unforgiving reaches of space. She will be called a hero, a traitor, and nearly everything in-between, but all along the way, her courage, her integrity, and her unwavering commitment to that most valuable of rights – liberty – will inspire a movement that will never surrender. Pre-order now on Amazon.
53. Batwoman by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams III – 20 June: Eisner Award winning authors Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams III team up to show a new side of Gotham through the eyes of Batwoman. As one of the first openly gay superheroes in the DC Universe, Kate Kane has broken down boundaries since taking on the the beloved Bat mantle. Batwoman returns to the spotlight when a mysterious villain comes straight from the rabbit hole in this paperback which collects Detective Comics #854-863. Pre-order now on Amazon.
54. Justice League vs. Suicide Squad – 27 June: It’s the first major event storyline of DC’s Rebirth era in Justice League vs. Suicide Squad. This was a day that Amanda Waller–the government liaison in charge of Task Force X–always knew would come: the Justice League discovers the existence of the Suicide Squad! The government-sponsored black-ops team of super-villains with bombs implanted in their brains is obviously a dealbreaker for the World’s Greatest Superheroes. But you can bet the Wall and her gang won’t go down without the fight to end all fights! Pre-order now on Amazon.
55. New Super-Man Vol. 1: Made In China – 27 June: The much hyped New Super-Man comic by National Book Award nominee Gene Luen Yang. An impulsive act of heroism thrusts an arrogant young man into the limelight of Shanghai as China begins to form its own Justice League of powerful heroes. As the government creates their own Superman, will they live to regret the person they’ve chosen? Pre-order now on Amazon.
56. Batman by Azzarello & Risso Deluxe Edition – 4 July: From the award-winning team behind 100 Bullets and now Moonshine comes this deluxe edition hardcover which includes tales from a variety of Batman projects. The centerpiece of the book, a six-issue run of BATMAN called “Broken City,” presents a profound examination of the Dark Knight Detective and the grim metropolis that he protects. While hunting the murderer of a small boy’s parents, Batman is caught up in his own investigation and ruminations, only to fall prey to a deadly new pair of killers who have been stalking him. Pre-order now on Amazon.
57. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol. 1 – 18 July: Another hardcover collection reprinting Hickman’s run on The Avengers. As threats to Earth mount, the Avengers expand! And while Iron Man and Captain America assemble their Avengers World and strive to decipher the meaning of the White Event, Tony Stark secretly tries to solve the biggest crisis of all, along with his influential allies, the Illuminati! While they seek to prevent the collapse of reality itself, the Avengers face a war on two fronts! Protecting Earth from the Builders may only hand it to…Thanos! Pre-order now on Amazon.
58. Empress Book One – 18 July: A new creator owned comic from Mark Millar and Stuart Immonen. Imagine you’re married to the worst bad guy from your favorite sci-fi movie. An alien dictator feared throughout the universe, who will kill you if you leave, but you need to escape for the sake of your three children. All you have are your wits, your bodyguard, and three guns. Pre-order now on Amazon.
59. Inhumans vs X-Men – 18 July: The X-Men and Inhumans have been on a collision course ever since the link was proven between the Inhumans’ precious Terrigen Mist and the sickness and death of many mutants. And when Beast discovers that the mutants have only two weeks left before planet Earth becomes completely uninhabitable for them, an Inhuman/mutant war is unavoidable! It all begins with one choice, and the world will never be the same! While DC fans can enjoy Justice League vs Suicide Squad the Marvel fans get a summer comic blockbuster with Inhumans vs X-Men. Pre-order now on Amazon.
60. Gamora Vol. 1 – 18 July: From screenwriter Nicole Perlman – co-writer of the Guardians of the Galaxy screenplay , comes a Gamora ongoing series. Once upon a time, Gamora was Thanos’ heartless pet assassin and favorite adopted daughter. Today, she is the backbone of the Guardians of the Galaxy, putting her life on the line to defend the innocent throughout the universe. What was it that transformed her from being used as a tool of her oppressor, to a champion of the powerless? Embark on a journey of revenge and redemption, and witness how Gamora earned her reputation as the Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy. Just in time for the release of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in cinemas. Pre-order now on Amazon.
61. Glister – 18 July: A new release by Andi Watson is always exciting. Glister Butterworth is house hunting! Glister’s hometown is competing in the national Bonny Village competition and Chilblain Hall is found wanting. Criticised for its tumble-down appearance, the hall takes offence and goes off in a huff. Glister and her father are left homeless and the Toll Troll nabs the wishing well. With Chilblain happily gallivanting around the world, how will they persuade their errant lodging back to where it belongs? Pre-order now on Amazon.
62. Monsters Unleashed: Monster-Size – 18 July: Another Marvel summer blockbuster! It’s all hands on deck with the Avengers, Champions, Guardians, X-Men and the Inhumans as they clash with monstrous hazards that threaten to destroy every corner of the Marvel Universe. Who are the Leviathons? Who controls them? How can they be stopped before Earth becomes another tragic barren world in their wake? Pre-order now on Amazon.
63. Batman: Haunted Knight – 25 July: This graphic novel by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, the creative team behind the classic Batman: The Long Halloween, includes three dark tales of horror and intrigue featuring Batman facing off against his most demented and wicked foes. Taking place on the most evil of holidays, Halloween, The Dark Knight Detective confronts his deepest fears and tries to stop the madness and horror created by Scarecrow, the Mad Hatter, the Penguin, Poison Ivy and the Joker. Includes new material created for the absolute edition. Pre-order now on Amazon.
64. Jack Kirby’s Kamandi Omnibus – 25 July: At last, DC presents the adventures of Kamandi, the last boy on Earth, in the popular Jack Kirby Omnibus format!. Kamandi-one of the few survivors of a Great Disaster that has destroyed civilization–must search for a safe haven in a world populated by bizarre mutated animals and other strange wonders! Considered one of Jack Kirby’s most creative works, KAMANDI features a band of anthropomorphic supporting characters who accompany Kamandi as he searches for answers and adventure across the wastelands of Earth. Pre-order now on Amazon.
65. Sartre – 1 August: For some he was the philosopher of existentialism, for others the constant provocateur, the politically engaged author, the uncertain militant, the repenting bourgeois, the life companion of Simone de Beauvoir… From his first readings in the Luxembourg Garden to his refusal of the Nobel Prize for Literature, Jean Paul Sartre was all of this at the same time. Pre-order now on Amazon.
66. The End Of The Fucking World – 1 August: A reprint of the soon-to-be-a-British TV series graphic novel about a sociopath and his girlfriend on a road trip. Originally released to critical and public acclaim in 2013, Charles Forsman’s graphic novel debut follows James and Alyssa, two teenagers living a seemingly typical teen experience as they face the fear of coming adulthood. Forsman tells their story through each character’s perspective, jumping between points of view with each chapter. But quickly, this somewhat familiar teenage experience takes a more nihilistic turn as James’s character exhibits a rapidly forming sociopathy that threatens both of their futures. He harbors violent fantasies and begins to act on them, while Alyssa remains as willfully ignorant for as long as she can, blinded by young love. Pre-order now on Amazon.
67. Loki: Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen Omnibus – 15 August: A hardcover collecting Kieron Gillen’s complete Loki epic. The god of lies has been reborn, but will young Loki be Asgard’s savior? For when Earth is gripped by Fear Itself, ancient prophecy says only Thor can stop the monstrous threat of the Serpent – but the plan is doomed to fail without help from Loki. Will the trickster find redemption – or damn himself for eternity? Either way, a Nightmare lies in wait hoping to rule the world – and Loki will have to risk everything on his craziest scheme of all! Plus: a forgotten hero returns, the New Mutants lend a hand, Captain Britain needs help with a godly war, and Hela sets her sights on the Holy Grail! But will all the nine worlds end in Surtur’s fire? Pre-order now on Amazon.
68. Night Owl Society – 15 August: From IDW Publishing comes a new original graphic novel. High school loner David Foxworth’s best friend is killed by a local mob boss, and the police won’t do anything about it. With nothing but his allowance and an overdeveloped sense of right and wrong, David gathers a group of fellow outsiders and misfits and decides to take matters into his own hands. By night they sneak out to disrupt the mob’s business and by day they maintain their perfect GPAs. They are The Night Owl Society. But, one of them is hiding a secret that could destroy the team. Will they survive without getting killed or grounded? Pre-order now on Amazon.
69. Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus – 29 August: The complete hardcover collection of Geoff Johns’s groundbreaking Aquaman collection that redefined the hero for modern audiences! The King of the Seven Seas, Aquaman returns to his very own ongoing series for the first time in years and faces off against terrors from the deep that he never knew existed! This collections boasts Geoff Johns’s complete run on the character, which culminates with the Justice League crossover event, “Throne of Atlantis,” that was adapted into an animated feature. Pre-order now on Amazon.
70. Man-Thing by R.L. Stine – 19 September: Famed Goosebumps author R.L. Stine takes on Marvel’s melancholy muck-monster. After many years of somber silence, Man-Thing has found his voice – and taken Hollywood by storm! But when an ancient evil threatens his old swamping ground, Man-Thing will have to choose between his new life and celebrity and the world he used to call home. An old ally pays a visit, but everything else is out to get Man-Thing – including crocodiles, bats and mosquitos, oh my! Can the balance of the swamp be restored, or is the cause of this calamity beyond Man-Thing’s control? Pre-order now on Amazon.